Weekend Explorer is for active, independent older adults, 65 and over, who are interested in a day long trip in the Greater Sydney Region and surrounds.
These excursions are a full day, unsupervised and require a high level of mobility.
- Cost of each excursion is $40.
- Lunch, ferry and entry fees are at your own expense.
- Bookings are essential.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
Passengers need to be at Council car park by 8.45am and the bus leaves at 9 am sharp.
If you are new to us you will need to register by contacting our CARE Team on 9978 4119. For existing customers, all bookings contact 9978 4120.
- 13 Jul – Morning Tea and a guided tour of Vaucluse House. Then visit The Gap, Eastern Suburbs Beaches, La Perouse and Bare Island. Lunch at Yarra Bay Sailing Club.
- 27 July – Morning Tea at Freemans Waterhole. Lunch in Morpeth, home to colonial buildings, and a fascinating heritage walk that includes the famous bakehouse where the Arnott’s family biscuit dynasty began.
- 10 Aug – Morning Tea at Bobbin Head. Then to Brooklyn for lunch, via Kangaroo Point. Catch the ferry for a round trip on the Hawkesbury to Dangar Island and Little Wobby.
- 24 Aug – Morning Tea and a guided tour of HARS Aircraft Museum in Albion Park and lunch at the Illawarra German Club.
- 14 Sept – Morning Tea at Kulnura. Then tour through beautiful Yarramalong Valley to view the many Scarecrows and lunch in Wyong.
- 28 Sept – Experience a kaleidoscope of tulips carpeting public gardens and premier private gardens in Bowral during Tulip Time. An outing not to be missed!