Mainly Music is a fun music group for parents or primary care givers to enjoy together with their young child. Throughout the session, children develop gross and fine motor skills, language, imagination, mathematical and pre-reading skills as well as socialise with others.
- Young children and their caregivers enjoy music, rhyme, rhythm, creative dance and more
- Preschool children develop skills such as, co-ordination, fine motor skills, gross motor movements, social interaction, appreciation of music and musical >
- Children are provided with a structured environment and then a time of free play
- Brings adults and children together for a time of safe interaction, and in doing so, teaching adults rhymes and songs that can be used at home to help with cleaning up, colours, counting, and more
- An opportunity for parents to network with other parents of pre-school children. And for families to find a sense of ‘old-fashioned community’
- Opportunities for families to be helped in times of need – such as meals, transport, moving house, and babysitting.
- Celebration of Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day – rewarding parents for their efforts in this vital role of parenthood.
In short, mainly music is an opportunity for adults and children to build memories and spend special time together.
2017 Term Dates
Term 1: 9 February to 6 April
Term 2: 4 May to 29 June
Term 3: 27 July to 21 September
Term 4: 19 October to 14 December
Have you considered catching the Mosman Rider to this event? Click here to find out more about the Rider.